South Zone Weekend Islamic School
To develop children’s love for learning and practicing Islam, so they can be confident in their identity as American Muslims and become an exemplary role model in any society.
Provide basic Islamic education and training in a safe, nurturing, and learning environment to achieve excellence in various aspects of life.
Weekend Islamic School Objectives
The Weekend Islamic School Objectives are to help the children in the following manner.
- Learn basic Quranic Arabic.
- Provide knowledge & understanding of key events & developments in Islamic History.
- Memorize Surahs from the Quran along with their meaning.
- Learn how to pray the five daily prayers along with perquisites for the salah.
- Understand and apply the five basic pillars of Islam: Shahadah, Salah, Fasting, Zakat, & Hajj.
- Learn about the lives several key Prophets.
- Learn key elements of the life of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) through Hadith & Sunnah.
- To discuss current events in the light of Islamic teachings as explained by Islamic scholars.
- To instill in our students good Islamic values including: Positive attitude, High morals and Ethical standards, Tolerance, and Patience.
- To enhance the lives of the students through our iLEAP program by instilling the following attributes: Leadership, Mentoring, Planning, Communication, Respect, Teamwork, and Islamic Identity.
- To inculcate a love for Islam, it’s meaning and purpose in our life.
- Motivate each student to strive for excellence in all aspects of their life.